Thank you for your contribution! The Ventana View depends on content submitted by the community. Posts to the View generally fall into these buckets:
- FYI / Questions / Help – Questions or info for the community.
- Lost or Found – If you lost something or found something.
- Community Action – Activities and updates related to community-focused organizations.
- Events & Activities – Add an event or activity to our Event Calendar (newsletter and website)
- Trading Post – Looking for something, looking to get rid of something. See special guidelines below.
- Ride Sharing – New! Ridesharing and travel notices go to The Ventana View Travel Board.
- Real Estate & Rentals – We have a classifieds section for you to post and manage your own listings. Go here to learn more.
- Business Directory & Announcements – See special guidelines below.
How to Submit a Post
- Read the guidelines below, especially for Ride Sharing and Trading Post.
- Following these guidelines, write a new email with your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before hitting <send>, re-read your submission, making sure that you are following the guidelines.
- Hit <send>.
- Please check out a recent edition of the View to get an idea of how things generally work.
- Please Keep listings short! If it is longer than a tweet (288 characters), it’s too long. All submissions are subject to editing.
- Always include your Contact info in the body of the email. Your submissions cannot be posted if your contact info is not included.
- All items should be submitted without formatting (no underline, bold, colors). No ALL CAPS, or excessive punctuation!!!
- Sorry no attachments or photos.
- Ads/listings run in the newsletter one time.
- No spammy words such as ”for sale”, dollars or $ signs. Use clams, cocos, etc.
- Keep your ads short! (no more than 288 characters). If you have a lot to say about it or have pictures, create a craigslist ad and including a link to that ad in your post.
- These ads run one time. You can post again after 2 weeks.
Business Directory & Announcements
Include your business in the Directory or update your current listing. Please provide the following information (whichever is appropriate).
- Business/Service Name
- Contact: Name, phone number(s), email, etc
- Website / Facebook page?
- Logo/Image – an image that represents your business.
Announcements – Businesses can submit announcements for the Business section of the newsletter.
- They should be no more than 288 characters.
- These ads run one time. You can submit every two weeks.